It still comes as a surprise to a lot of people when we tell them that more motorbikes/scooters are stolen in the UK than cars.
When you actually see how easy it is to steal a bike, you can understand why it is still such an escalating problem. It can take as little as 20 seconds to steal a bike worth tens of thousands of pounds.
The ease and quickness of cutting a chain, and wheeling a bike into the back of a van, have seen an increasingly higher urgency and demand for the best motorbike trackers to protect your personal and prized items.
With bikes of all kinds (whether a motorcycle, scooter or pedal bike), it's not just the inconvenience of theft that causes stress, it's the violation and invasion of an item that holds personal and sentimental value to the owner.
With bikes in London being most at risk, and a shocking £105 million lost every year through theft, TrackerShop have highlighted a few methods you can take to help avoid your bike meeting the same fate.
- The most obvious is to secure your bike inside a garage or lock-up. If a thief can't see your bike, or doesn't know it exists, then they will obviously not be able to steal it!
- A steering lock. More as an initial theft deterrent. Any thief who's serious about stealing a bike won't be beaten by a steering lock.
- A bike lock. And to further maximise the effectiveness, pass the lock through the frame; and ensure that the lock is not resting on the ground (thieves can use this to hammer a lock/chain off).
- Whether in a garage, shed, lock up- do not keep your keys in the same place as your bike. The same goes for the bike's papers.
- An alarm. What is appealing about bike theft is that it is hard to detect during the theft. Thieves find it quick and easy to take a bike, even in a busy street. The detonation of an alarm will draw attention to a thief, and quickly rouse suspicion.
Of course, any or all combinations of these methods are not 100% effective. And if a thief is insistent (so many rely on bike theft as a main source of income), they will always find a way to get what they want.
That's why many police forces that we work with, have urged bike owners to use/install our GPS Bike trackers as the first and most effective way of avoiding even more thefts.
One of the most popular bike tracker's is The TS10 Motorbike tracker.
Just some of the features on this highly advanced device:
- Real-time GPS tracking.
- iOS and Android tracking app. Monitor your GPS tracker in real-time on your phone from anywhere in the world.
- Nationwide installation option available.
Pre-Pay or monthly subscription options available (no contracts or minimum terms).
- Motion alert. For short periods when you are away from your usual zones, you can click the ‘Arm’ button on your app to set an instant movement alert.
The TS10 is a real-time GPS motorbike tracker and provides full security against theft. Compatible with any motorbike and scooter model, the TS10 GPS Motorbike Tracker is a covert hardwired device that can be concealed on your bike, complete with theft tamper alerts and your own private mapping portal (accessible from your computer and phone).
The motion alert and geo-fence features ensure you will know instantly if someone tries to take your bike.
- Fully transferable. Changing your vehicle? Your GPS tracker can be transferred to your new one.
- Simple installation. The quick 2 wire installation allows many customers to install themselves or you can opt for our mobile install service.
With nearly 80 bikes and scooters being stolen every single day, bike owners are now living with the constant worry when having to leave their bike unattended, not knowing if it will still be there when they return.
Cheap and simple subscriptions. Opt for pre-pay or a monthly direct debit for your subscription.
With ever-increasing intelligence in theft, it's so important to provide increasingly effective solutions. Our GPS motorbike trackers are tried and tested as a way of ensuring that, if someone has intentions of taking your bike/scooter without your permission, you will instantly know about it.
If you would like to know more, please do give us a call. We're always happy to answer any questions.