The advancement in technology in recent years has seen the way that businesses function on a day to day basis change substantially. Some of these changes have seemingly happened over night, whereas others may be a gradual evolution of a product or service.
GPS tracking, over the last 30 years, is one of those rare services that has become an asset to all industries in some form.
The accuracy, reliability, cheap running costs and unlimited broad uses are huge contributors to this. From car rental, courier services to taxi companies and beyond; these have all seen improvements in their company functionality within days of implementing GPS units.
Vehicle tracking in particular is proving to make a huge difference to companies using any kind of fleets or vehicles for their business. Due to the running costs of keeping vehicles on the road, any chance to improve on costs is vital, and can even save the life of a business when tightening up on expenditure is paramount.
Just a few of the reasons more and more companies are using our vehicle trackers:
1. Any idle time and unauthorised driver breaks will be instantly highlighted.
2. Detours and/or unauthorized company vehicle usage will stop. This means unnecessary company fuel consumption, as well as wear and tear to the vehicle, is no longer a concern.
3. More effective scheduling. Allowing more orders to be delivered by any one driver throughout a shift.
4. Analyse and advise on the closest vehicle to your customer. This is particularly useful for taxi collections and delivery service pick ups.
5. Real time data is recorded and can be accessed at any point. This is extremely useful, not only when checking the location of staff; but for working out more direct routes.
6. Tracking the route of your delivery driver, when delivering a parcel with a tight time constraint, that customers need constant updates for.
7. Detailed route reports can be generated with evidence documented. This allows accurate billing and proof to customers for the service they are being charged for.
8. Geo-Fences can be set up around areas that you do not want your vehicles to leave or enter. You will receive an instant message as soon as one of your vehicles leaves it's assigned area.
On top of this, what's proven to be a huge benefit of GPS tracking is that it is not complicated to use at all. Quite the opposite when it comes to TrackerShop. Your tracker arrives with you fully set up and ready to use. From there, you simply log in to your own private mapping panel to view live tracking, full retained history and to control your tracker remotely.
As soon as you have the trackers installed/attached to your vehicle, you will instantly be saving money. You will improve the day to day running of your company/fleet/staff, and also protect your assets against theft and unauthorised use.
If you would like to know more about how Trackershop can help improve efficiency and make your vehicle management easier, please get in contact.