A classic car GPS tracker will provide the protection your vintage vehicle needs.
Classic car owners have always displayed unwavering commitment in restoring and maintaining their vehicles to the highest possible standard. This on going dedication is unfortunately a contributing factor as to why classic car theft has risen significantly in recent years throughout the UK.
As a result of this, GPS trackers for classic cars have become more important than ever in ensuring further security for your treasured asset.
Trackershop receive enquiries and despatch trackers for vintage cars on a daily basis.
Due to the very nature of classic cars, they have become 'limited edition' by default, making them even more rare, valuable and desirable (to collectors and thieves alike) with each passing year.
This means a constant concern for classic car owners, as they have to remain vigilant at all times.
Maintaining a classic car and keeping it in impeccable condition can come with the paranoia of knowing how appealing your vintage asset will now be to thieves.
In addition, the fact that they are not fitted with the standard security features of more modern vehicles means they can potentially be easy pickings for thieves.
Amongst some of the more targeted classic vehicles at the moment are the VW Camper van, 80s classic Fords such as the Cortina, Escort and Sierra. On a slight side note to this, the recently discontinued Land Rover Defenders have seen a spike in theft, with these models in particular being shipped abroad for re-sale or to be stripped down for parts.
A SCARY STATISTIC
If you're a classic car owner or are thinking of purchasing one then this statistic will most likely cause you concern.
90% OF STOLEN CLASSIC CARS ARE NEVER RECOVERED!
To make matters more horrifying, a contributing factor to this statistic is that many classic cars are more valuable when they are stripped down and sold for their rare spare parts. This makes them practically impossible to retrieve, as they can be sent all over the world in thousands of parts within hours.
It's clear from this that time is a key factor in the event of a theft. This is why a GPS tracker for Classic cars is more important than ever.
When you then contrast the above statistic with the fact that nearly 90% of cars fitted with a car tracker device are recovered, it really highlights how important they are and how much stress, inconvenience and heart ache they help you avoid.
As with most things in life, prevention is of course better than cure.
Here are a few additional safety requirements that will help minimise the chance of theft
- Always store your classic car in a locked garage.
- Failing this, try to ensure your vehicle cannot be seen from the road. Even covering your vehicle can help as a deterrent.
- If parking on a driveway, park your every day vehicle in front. Modern cars are harder to break in to, thus restricting access to your classic car.
- Never leave the keys in the vehicle. Also, never store the keys with the car in the garage or in the immediate vicinity.
- Don't ever leave the engine running. It sounds too obvious, but is certainly worth mentioning, as it is a reason why so many people have been left in shock and turmoil when an opportunistic thief strikes. Even if you're only running in to the local shops or posting a letter- it takes mere seconds to steal a car that is already running!
However most important, you need to be sure if your car is stolen you can find it again. This is where a car tracking device is vital.
The Huge Benefits of a GPS Tracker for Classic Cars
- Live GPS tracking. Showing you the exact location of your asset in real time 24/7.
- Motion alert. Receive an instant message (either text/email) if someone moves your vehicle without authorisation.
- Geo fencing: Set up a virtual fence around any location in order to receive an instant message the moment your vehicle leaves your property. You can set as many of these perimeters as you like in as many areas . This means you will be alerted the moment your vehicle leaves your property!
- Totally covert. Our magnetic GPS trackers can be attached to any flat metal area on the chassis of the vehicle (avoiding the fuel tank and exhaust). The self contained capabilities of the magnetic GPS tracker range makes them extremely easy to conceal. This also means they are difficult to find without the ability and time to examine the underside of the vehicle in closer detail.
As an alternative to a magnetic GPS tracker, our Pro Fleetman is a hardwired GPS tracker. This attaches to the vehicles power source, and is then concealed (most commonly) covertly under the dashboard.
"A QUICK RECOVERY IS ESSENTIAL. THAT'S WHY A CAR TRACKER IS THE ULTIMATE SECURITY DEVICE"
An alternative to the self monitoring magnetic trackers is installing an insurance approved Thatcham tracker.
If you have not already, you can also check with your car insurance provider as to whether car insurance trackers will provide a significant decrease to your policy.
Trackershop provide both Cat 5 and Cat 6 thatcham trackers, and we install them throughout the UK at a location and time convenient to you.
Certainly a tracker for car insurance purposes is a good option if you would like to have an instant police response and a reduced insurance policy. Over the long term, this decrease in your policy can save you a significant amount of money.
However, the main focus of this article is the security of your vehicle. A thatcham tracker is a reassuring option to take
On a side note, it's important to emphasise that GPS car trackers of any description will NOT impact the appearance of your vehicle at all.
From experience, many classic car owners have been deterred from using a GPS tracker as they think it may create an eye sore on their asset.
This is not the case, as all Trackershop trackers are designed specifically as covert units- to be hidden away totally out of view.
This is a point worth emphasising, as it is a travesty that many individuals have lost their asset due to not knowing how covert, simple and effective a GPS tracker for their classic car really is.
If you have any questions at all and would like to know more about how Trackershop can further help protect your asset, feel free to give us a call 0208 166 0603 or visit our Contact Us page